Thursday, July 16, 2009

Utah/Colorado

Today was another eventful day. We saw a bit more of Monument Valley; the plan after that was to spend a little time in Natural Bridges National Monument and then on to Mesa Verde National Park to camp. However, that plan did not pan out (no surprise there). First, Scott learned the off road handling capabilities of the rv while trying to see more of Monument Valley. Then I left my camera in the visitor center, but we got it back. On our way to Natural Bridges we saw a sign stating vehicles over 10,000 pounds were not allowed on that road (that would be us). So we turned around and, while driving, decided whether to go around the long way or just ditch Natural Bridges and head to Mesa Verde. Since we'd all been to Tonto Natural Bridge in AZ, we decided to go on to Mesa Verde. One problem though: the change in plans necessitated a change in route. So while Scott drove I re-navigated the route, taking us through lots of interesting and desolate areas. One bright side of that was the San Juan River Valley which was really beautiful. Once we reached Mesa Verde we discovered just how nauseous a road can make you. Scott again investigated the handling capabilities of the rv, this time in cornering. We did a lot of hiking, saw some amazing cliff dwellings, and completely wore the girls out. I'm limited on size for pictures so check facebook for pics from now on. We love you all, now enjoy some posts from the girls.

Sheala's Spot: I liked going to Cliff Palace and Spruce Treehouse at Mesa Verde. I didn't like the the windy roads and late dinner. My favorite thing was the hiking. My least favorite thing was following super slow people. Driving wasn't bad except for the windy road. Colorado is nice and I really like it here. This trip has been really nice.

Cameron's Corner: I liked climbing up the ladders on the hike. I liked the Indian houses. I liked bouncing in the rv because it was like a roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment