Sunday, July 19, 2009

Elitch Gardens & Driving; Hi Tonya & Joe!!

I write you while driving through Wyoming on our way to South Dakota. We got "home" late last night, so I decided to blog while we make the 400 mile trek from Denver to Custer State Park. So far today the drive has been quite nice. It's been better than the 375 mile trip on Friday because it's nice and straight; no slow, windy roads. We had breakfast with Tonya and her husband Joe this morning. It was really fun catching up. We also made our first trip to Walmart last night to get a few of the things we've run out of, lost or didn't realize we needed. It is amazing and kind of a blessing how similar Walmarts are, no matter what city you're in. This morning we reached a milestone; the 1st 1000 miles. I'm uploading a video in celebration.

Yesterday we spent the day at Elitch Gardens amusement park. We had a ton of fun and the girls will have their take on it for you in a few. We've decided we'd like to take another trip up here with more of you. The Continental Divide area was just so beautiful; we'd like to camp there a few days. Plus Denver has a lot to offer including spending 2 days at Elitch's. It has a water park that we didn't even go to because we only had 1 day! I'm happy to say we don't really have any crazy stories for you today, though it was an adventure finding the Walmart. Scott would like me to note that we drove over 7 miles the wrong direction just to go to Fazoli's . . .

Reminders: All pictures will be on Facebook, please forward the links to everyone

Sheala's Spot: I liked the rollercoasters and the tower of doom. The Ghost Blaster one was a little too scary for me. Going on the little kid rides with Cami was fun especially the rollercoaster. It was like as big as Disneyland with the thrill of Knott's Berry Farm. I miss everybody back home.

Cami's Corner: I liked the cactus coaster in Startoon Studios. I liked the Sea Dragon. I liked the log ride. I liked the tea cups. I liked the hot air balloons. I also liked the airplanes. I also liked the Ferris Wheel. I liked the boats, the bumper cars, and the toy truck I drove. I liked the playground, mini tower of doom, and the bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment